Friday, May 15, 2009

Student Friendly Adelaide

Another thing I like about the City of Adelaide is that it is very friendly to students. Its city library, which I wrote about in a previous entry,  is very accessible and has a fairly good collection. It promotes concession (or student discount) tickets not just for transportation, but also in cultural events. 

Here's another pleasant surprise we got recently. My wife and I watched Angels & Demons last Thursday and the attendant at the box office charged me only A$6. She said students get to pay a bigger discount in the whole month of May! 

Typically, watching a movie in Palace Cinemas in Adelaide costs about A$12-20. There are also the annual French and Spanish film festivals -- but unlike in the Philippines, these ones in Adelaide aren't free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment